I never thought politicians were ever young
Well, I cannot help but think of Barack Obama as a young person, despite his generation being one older than mine.
John F. Kennedy was young, too.
So here we are – Veto Corleone: 15 Amazing Yearbook Photos of U.S. Politicians
National Review linked to it.
- Barack Obama has an afro and a big seventies-brand collar.
- Joe Biden looks pretty much the same, only he possibly was a handsome man.
- Nancy Pelosi confuses me because when she graduated high school she was quite an attractive young woman.
- Hillary Clinton was kind cute but you can see the evil in her eyes. Although you cannot see the true evil as we know it until much later, I reckon, or at least one year into the future.
- John McCain was actually a young man and I still do not see a future politician in his young eyes. He looks like he will be a military hero forever. Of course, that is a genetic condition in his family.
- Sarah Palin is attractive but I think she grew into it after high school and at the relevant vintage would not yet be my cup of tea.
- Mike Huckabee appears perfectly natural. You can see Governor Huckabee in his eyes. I do not know if he is wearing a hat or not.
- George W. Bush looks a bit too much like Will Ferrel (as opposed to “a serious politician”). That hair just makes an impression.
- George H.W. Bush is George H.W. Bush, but he certainly looks younger. “A handsome man” is the term?
- Bill Clinton possess, in this picture, the most honest, authentic-looking smile in any photograph of his life!
- Jimmy Carter has an intense look on his face.
- Rod Blagojevich is barely relevant. Of course I cannot recall what he looks like now, but his yearbook picture looks like that of a politician.
- Al Gore looks evil and self-important. Just like he does today!
- Dick Cheney has hair!
- Rudy Giuliani also has hair, but is not as handsome or formalized as the future Vice-President.
As an almost-politician bonus, we get to see a future Politician’s Wife, Michelle Robinson (who later took on “Obama” as a last name) in her high school Yearbook photo. She looks terrible.
Oddly, she looks pretty good on the cover of Vogue. In general I cannot find the woman physically attractive… something about the line of her jaw and/or her forehead, I think, strikes me.